Here are some thoughts credited to Charles Schultz, creator of Peanuts. I have added a few thoughts of my own also. These questions are not meant to be answered, only thought about briefly. Ready?
1) Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2) Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3) Name the last five Miss America winners.
4) Name 10 Nobel prize winners.
5) Name the Academy Award winners for the last 3 years.
6) Name the last 10 World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second rate achievers, they are the best in their fields. But the applause dies, awards tarnish, accolades are often buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one.
1) List a few teachers who helped you through school.
2) Name 3 friends who make your life more fun, easier.
3) Think of a few people who made you feel appreciated and special.
4) Think of the person who either brought you to your company or helped you “make it work.”
5) Name 5 people you have brought to your company who now have a better life financially.
Remember what you have to offer and let’s go change a few more lives today.