- You are not your thoughts. Sometimes they’re downright ridiculous. Just because you think it, doesn’t make it true.
- Observe, don’t judge. Acknowledge the thoughts, but let them float by. Don’t wrestle with them.
- Don’t distract, immerse. Do not check your email for the 400th time. Take in the world around you. Turn to your senses. That’s real. Your thoughts and the stories you tell yourself about the world aren’t.
- Note or label intrusive thoughts. Yeah, the thought fights back. Acknowledge them. Give the intrusive ones a funny name.
- Return to the senses. Really pay attention to the world around you.
Let the thoughts float by and turn your attention to the people you love.
Unknown source, not original to the curator